Jerry is the President of Developers Realty Group, Inc. He is a state certified building contractor and a licensed real estate broker. Jerry is a graduate of Wentworth Institute, Boston, Massachusetts where he majored in mechanical design, holds a degree in Construction Technology from the University of North Florida and is a graduate of the University of Oklahoma’s Economic Development Institute.
Over the course of his extensive career, Jerry has helped shape the economy of Clay County through his service on numerous community boards and councils. Most recently he served as Chairman of the Clay County Economic Development Corporation, Chairman of the Clay County Builders Council, the Clay County Economic Development Council, and the Clay County Development Authority.
- Clay County Utility Authority, founding Chairman
- Orange Park Medical Center, Board Member
- Northeast Florida Workforce Development Board
- Clay County Builders Council
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- Clay County Chamber of Commerce
- Northeast Florida Builders Association
- Clay County Citizen Advisory Committee for the Comprehensive Growth Management Act
- Clay County State Housing Incentive Program, Advisory Committee Member
- United Way of Northeast Florida, Board Member
- Transportation Advisory Committee of Clay County
- Wachovia Bank of Jacksonville, Advisory Board Member
- Workforce Florida Inc., Director, appointed by Governor Jeb Bush
Jerry has received numerous awards throughout his career, including the Lewis L. Huntley Pacesetter Award for Community Vision, the Clay County Builders Council “Builder of the Year”, the Clay County Chamber of Commerce’s “Business Person of the Year”, and the “Distinguished Flying Cross” for aerial combat in Vietnam. He is also a Rotary Club “Paul Harris Fellow”.
As a developer he has expert knowledge in the areas of economic development, environmental permitting and infrastructure development. He is well versed in working with all of the professional disciplines necessary to complete a development of significant size i.e., civil engineering, traffic, environmental, legal, financial, etc.
He resides with his wife, Kay, on Fleming Island, in Clay County. They have one daughter, Louisa, who is a registered nurse critical care specialist and has provided them with three grandchildren.